HomeOur LifeOur MissionOur SpiritualityOur CommunitiesProjects & CampaignsNews & UpdatesChat Box
Canossa School of Sta.Rosa

Canossa School of Sta.Rosa is the first Canossian School and the first Canossian Sisters’ community in the Philippines. Responding to the invitation of Bishop Alejandro Olalia, the Italian Missionary Sisters of the Canossian Daughters of Charity – daughters of St. Magdalene of Canossa, arrived in Santa Rosa on February 2, 1954 from Hongkong.


Italian Sisters came and went, and the number of Canossian Filipina sisters grew.  Together, they dedicated their lives  to make Christ known and loved in the spirit of Charity and Humility, as exemplified by their two models in life, Jesus Christ Crucified and Mary, Mother of Charity at the Foot of the Cross. The years rolled by, witnessing the steady growth of Canossa School: in enrollment,  in the quality of instruction, and in the evangelization as Canossa School remains a Catholic institution at the service of God and his Church.


Fifty seven years have seen the crystallization of the many prophetic gestures of St. Magdalene in Santa Rosa. Her mission has become the mission of the students and the graduates  that they express when they become young professionals, ready and willing to serve the Filipino people, particularly the people of Santa Rosa as businessmen and women, catechists, farmers, social workers, doctors, teachers, nurses and other services in the helping professions.